Child Care Program
To complete the registration process for enrolling your scholar(s) in the Child Care Program, please complete and return both pages of the Child Care Registration Form and the very last page of the Parent’s Handbook (see below). These three pages must be completed per child and submitted along with the $10.00 registration fee before a scholar is allowed to enter the Child Care Program.
Child Care Program
Registration: Tuesday, August 4th During Meet and Greet
First Day – August 6, 2020 (the First Day of School)
Dr. Melanie Becnel, Director Jessica Rosado, Principal
The Child Care Program is a service provided by the Bayou Community Academy Charter School. It is a program of before and after school care for children to remain in the safe, secure, and familiar environment of their school while enjoying activities such as arts, crafts, indoor and outdoor games, to mention a few. Time is also set aside each day for the scholar to complete homework under adult supervision.
In summary, this program is designed to assist working parents through the convenience of an in- house Child Care Program.
All monies will be collected on the first day of the school week which is typically Mondays, unless the first day of the school week falls on a subsequent day.
CHILD CARE PROGRAM FEES
Full-time weekly tuition: $30.00
A.M. only weekly tuition: $20.00
P.M. only weekly tuition: $25.00
Full-time weekly tuition: $25.00
A.M. only weekly tuition: $15.00
P.M. only weekly tuition: $20.00
3RD Child or More (per child)
Full-time weekly tuition: $20.00
A.M. only weekly tuition: $10.00
P.M. only weekly tuition: $15.00
All drop-in fees will be $10.00 per day for morning or afternoon sessions or for both sessions. Additional scholars will be the same cost. In the event that there is a two day school week, the daily rate for child care will be calculated by taking the weekly rate and dividing by five. This amount would be due for each day of the two days that school is in session.
A registration of $10.00 is required and shall be paid before the scholar is allowed to enter the Child Care Program. Parents can choose to pay monthly or weekly. Payments must be made on the first day of the school week that the scholar attends Child Care, which is typically Mondays unless the first day of the school week falls on a subsequent day. If the scholar attends Child Care on a subsequent day, payments should be made the following school week.
* Child Care for before school is from 6:50 – 7:30 A.M.
* Child Care for after school is from 3:00 – 5:25 P.M.
On Mondays only:
- Payment can be sent to school with your child in a labeled envelope indicating your child’s name and “Child Care,” which will be collected by the front office via their teacher’s homeroom mail. Your child will receive a receipt by the end of the following school day.
- A BCA Business Department representative will collect payments from parents/guardians in the cafeteria at After Care.
CHILD CARE PROGRAM GENERAL INFORMATION
- Messages may be left with the secretary for the Child Care personnel Monday through Friday during school hours by calling the school at (985)446-3011 or you may contact the Child Care Coordinator during the hours that Child Care is in session at (985)271-5134.
- The morning Child Care Program begins at 6:50 A.M. and ends when the duty professional arrives at 7:30 A.M.
- The afternoon Child Care Program begins when the school dismissal bell rings at 3:00 P.M. and ends at 5:25 P.M. Please be prompt when picking up your scholar. If any scholar is not signed out by 5:25pm, the parents will be charged $1.00 for every minute past 5:25pm. If the child is not signed out by 5:30pm, the parents will be notified the following day that they will no longer be able to utilize the Child Care Program on campus.
- The Child Care Program operates Monday through Friday on regular school days.
- The Child Care Program will not be open on holidays.
- The Child Care Program will not be held on designated Professional Development Days. Parents will be notified of these days on the monthly school calendar.
- The Child Care Program will be held in the library of our school for Before Care and the East Cafeteria for After Care.
- For safety purposes, people who are dropping off scholars for Before Care or picking them up during After Care are asked not to leave their vehicle running in the parking lot.
- When dropping off your child for before care, please utilize the side door on the Thibodaux Elementary side of campus closest to the library. Please do not park in or block any of the parking spots labeled “visitor.” Morning drop off parking should be to the right of the barricade on the TES side of school. You must escort your child into school and sign him/her in every day for Before Care. Please refrain from utilizing the front entrance of school unless when it is raining.
- For scholar tuition and fees – refer to page 1. Parents can choose to pay monthly or weekly. Payments must be made on the first day of the week / month that the scholar attends Child Care. Child Care will begin on August 6, 2020.
- Registration – A $10.00 registration is required before the scholar starts the program. The fee must be paid for drop-in scholars as well. A scholar must be registered in order to participate in the Child Care Program on a regular or drop-in basis.
- Late fees – Scholars picked up after 5:25 P.M. will pay the following late fees:
$1.00 for each additional minute after 5:25 P.M. Please notify the school’s secretary before 2:45pm or after please call the Child Care Coordinator at (985)271-5134 if you know that you will be late. This will be enforced. These payments must be made on the following Monday.
- All fees are non-refundable; no refunds if the scholar is absent. Payment DOES NOT carry over to the next week.
- No partial payment will be accepted.
- All fees must be paid on the first day of the school week or the first day of the month. If payment is not received for two consecutive weeks, your scholar will not receive services. Once your debt is cleared, you may re-register your scholar for a fee of $10.00. A $25.00 charge will be assessed for all NSF checks and all future fees must be paid in cash.
- Scholars must be dropped off and picked up by a parent/guardian. Scholars must be signed out in the afternoon by the parent/designated person. Only persons listed on the emergency form may sign out scholars. A driver’s licenses or picture ID will be monitored at every check-out. In an emergency situation, if the only person who is available for pickup is someone who is not listed on the sign-out card, the Child Care coordinator must be notified by a signed statement listing the person given responsibility for signing out the scholar. The coordinator or support teacher must make a copy of the individual’s driver’s license before dismissing the scholar. A driver’s license or picture ID will be required when signing
- Breakfast and Afternoon snacks – Scholars who are eating breakfast on campus, must do so in the cafeteria. No breakfast items should be brought to before care. After school snacks will be provided at no charge to the parent. This will ensure that the scholars receive the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow.
- Activities – A designated 30-45 minute time will be set aside each day for scholars in grades 1st through 8th for supervised homework time. If scholars are done with homework they will read a book until the end of the homework time. It is the responsibility of the scholar to know what homework is to be done and to have all supplies. The supervised homework time is not a tutoring service, but questions will be answered and homework will be monitored. Once that time is over, the scholars will participate in physical activities, board games, movie watching, etc.
- Parents are to submit the completed Before/After School Care Special Needs form upon registration.
CONDUCT POLICY AND DISCIPLINE PROCEDURE
It shall be the policy of this day care program to promote a safe, secure and orderly environment which will serve to enhance the goals of Child Care. Scholars will be required to be well- behaved at all times. Under no circumstances will violent, disruptive and/or abusive behavior be tolerated. Violent behavior will be defined as anyone hitting another person, using vulgarities, throwing objects in any direction or at another person and destroying property. Scholars will be expected to act in an orderly and safe manner at all times. Scholars will not be allowed to chew gum or run in the building.
Depending on the severity of the problem, there will be four (4) steps taken to alleviate a behavior situation:
- On the first offense, the coordinator and the principal/designee is informed of the problem.
The coordinator will notify the parent when he/she picks up the scholar and advise him/her of the situation. There will be a written disciplinary report for the parent to sign.
- On the second offense, the coordinator and the principal/designee is informed of the problem. The coordinator will again notify the parent and inform the parent of the situation. There will be a written disciplinary report for the parent to sign and a possibility of suspension will be discussed.
- On the third offense, the coordinator and the principal/designee is informed of the problem.
The coordinator will again notify the parent and inform the parent of the situation. There will be a written disciplinary report for the parent to sign. Depending on the severity, the scholar’s parent may be asked to immediately pick up the scholar from school. The principal/designee will make contact with the parent the following day to determine the consequence.
- After third parent contact, if behavior continues, the coordinator will again notify the parent and inform the parent of the situation. There will be a written disciplinary report for the parent to sign. Depending on the severity, the scholar’s parent may be asked to immediately pick up the scholar from school. The principal/designee will make contact with the parent the following day to inform the parent of a possible major behavior report.
Any of the above procedures may be waived, depending upon the seriousness of the offense(s). The principal/designee has the ultimate authority for disciplinary action.
Parents are responsible for any damages done by their scholar to Child Care or school property. Parents will be notified of the cost of any such damages in writing and will be required to sign a notice of disciplinary action.
EMERGENCY DISMISSAL AND SCHOOL CLOSING
During the school year it may become necessary to dismiss the scholars early or to close the school due to an emergency situation. Our primary concern will be to insure the safety of all scholars. The full cooperation of all scholars and parents is required should an early dismissal or school closing occur.
- Please be sure that your scholar has accurate and current emergency information on file and that you inform the coordinator whenever the information needs to be revised.
- Please make sure that your scholar knows both your home and work phone number or a working emergency number. Attach this information securely to a notebook or other item that your scholar uses frequently.
- Please make emergency arrangements NOW and discuss them with your scholar so that he/she will know what to do.
- The news media will be notified of emergency closure. Stay turned to your local radio station. If Bayou Community Academy is closed due to an emergency situation, there will be no before or after school care.
September 7, 2020 – Labor Day
September 8, 2020 – Professional Development Day (No School for Scholars)
October 12, 2020 – Fall Break
October 13, 2020 – Professional Development Day (No School for Scholars)
November 23-27, 2020 – Thanksgiving
Dec 21, 2020 – Jan 1, 2021 – Christmas / New Years
January 18, 2021 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 19, 2021 – Professional Development Day (No School for Scholars)
February 15-19, 2021 – Mardi Gras
April 2-9, 2021 – Easter/Spring Break
Bayou Community Academy
2020 – 2021
TO: Parents of BCA School Child Care Scholars FROM: Melanie Becnel , Director Jessica Rosado, Principal Whitney Landry, Administrative Assistant overseeing Child Care Hope Paige, Child Care Coordinator RE: Before/After School Child Care – Special Care Needs
Bayou Community Academy operates a Non-Educational Before/After School Care Service available to all BCA scholars beginning on August 6, 2020. This program provides an adult supervised child care service. The operational hours are 6:50 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. for Before School Care and 3:00 P.M. to 5:25 P.M. for After School Care. Parents are responsible for dropping off and picking up their child from Before/After School Care. Parents are responsible for providing special services to scholars with special care needs. Please complete the information below and return to the Child Care Coordinator upon registration. Registration will be held on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 during Meet and Greet at BCA.
Scholar’s Name _____________________ Homeroom Professional ____________________
_____ My child will participate in the BCA Before/After School
_____ Before School Care _____ After School Care
_____ My child does not have special care needs during these hours.
_____ My child has special care needs during these hours. (Allergies, food allergies, etc.)
The following accommodations will be provided to address the identified special care needs:
The Parent will provide:
The School will provide:
Parent’s Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ____________
Child Care Coordinator’s Signature: __________________________ Date: ____________
Principal’s Signature: ________________________________ Date: ____________